Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Narrow Path

As Christians, what have we become? Can you honestly and without hesitation say that you as a believer in Christ have been following the Narrow Path? My money says you can't. Do you know why? Because I don't think you know what the narrow path is. And if you don't know what it is, you can't possibly follow it. And if you can't follow it, you can't understand any of the Teachings. And if you can't understand any of the Teachings, you can't possibly be the Christian you are intended to be. Let's get right into this and pull no punches.

There is a specific message to future Christians in the Book Of Matthew. Jesus was asked which commandment was the most important. He didn't say that all commandments were equal. He said that the First Commandment is the most important AND a second is like it. He said that the whole law was inspired and written based off of this instruction. He didn't say ignore the other commandments, but what he did say is that practicing the two most important commandments enables you to follow the rest basically without any effort.

If you Love God with all your mind, heart and soul, and also Love your Neighbor with complete conviction, wouldn't everything else naturally fall into place? Can you even disagree with this? I get a lot of responses from other Christians during conversations such as this one, and what I find amazing is the amount of excuses I get as to why they can't practice those 2 most important commandments unconditionally and without hesitation. We're humans so we're faulty. We're not perfect. We mess up just like anyone else. We're tempted, and as Christians we're more tempted than anyone else. This is all a bunch of baloney. These aren't legitimate reasons. Do you think if Christ was standing in front of you, that he would buy this? I don't.

You don't have to be perfect to love unconditionally. These are our fellow humans. We are all brothers and sisters. We are not separated by color, status and faith. How hard is this to understand? We are faulty. We will make mistakes in our lives, and we will fail at a lot of things along the way. But we should never fail at love. That is not an option.

This is my main problem with Institutionalized Religion. For those of you that don't know what Institutionalized Religion means, let me help you out here. Any Denomination is the definition of Institutionalized. It is segregated. You follow that denomination's view and set of rules. It is man made. Not any one of them is the "True" one or "The Way". Pick up your Bible and read. There is only one way, and that way is taught to you. It is clear as day.

In the coming weeks I will be focusing on the Narrow Path, and what comes of it when followed. Every aspect of your life has a better understanding to it. The very Bible you believe in no longer is a belief, but knowledge. The younger you are in age gives you a better chance to re-program your minds from the false teaching you have absorbed from Institutionalized Religion. The sad part about this, is that Atheists and Agnostics will have an easier time understanding this in the beginning even though they might disagree.

Get away from the Open Gate, and let's start discussing the Narrow Gate.

27 comments:

pboyfloyd said...

No comments, my friend, what is the world coming to. question mark.

NO FREE WILL or something?

3 of spades!

big fat poopyhead said...

who do you have to pray to to get a BEER around here, anyway?

Saint Brian the Godless said...

Excellent first message, Botts. I heartily approve.

blackleatherbookshelf said...

Cheers, fella. Good luck with keep up with the fine art of blogging.

Botts said...

Pboy, Clifmeister, Godless and Tbrough,

Thanks guys for stopping by. Let's see how this thing plays out.

Anonymous said...

Botts:
Those of us who have gotten to know you through your many and profound postings on DD's soon to be late (but not lamented) site will surely be glad (as I am) that we will be able to continue in converstaion with you here.

leonidas said...

Hello Botts,
Nice place. I hope you don't mind me crashing the party. I was torquemada on DD's blogs. I don't recall ever "speaking" with you over there, though I am familiar with your posts. We seem to share some views on Christianity. I'd love to explore this further, if you'll have me. I'll try not to be too much the Resident Fool.

Not too much, anyway.

Botts said...

Harvey,

Thanks for coming by. I look forward always to your posts, and we have some agreement in a lot of things. I expect you to come here and participate. We need to continue to engage in our thoughts. This helps us learn about each other and eventually get rid of the labels. I'm sick of the labels.

Botts said...

Leonidas,

Of course you are welcome. I want this to be a forum where many people from all over and with all kinds of faiths share their experiences and knowledge.

We haven't written to each other, but we are now. And that's what counts.

Welcome aboard. I'm blessed to have you here.

Bob Johnson said...

Hello Botts! Nice Place! Nice to "see" some familiar faces.
Ya gotta' get ya' some trolls
though.
All the best with this endeavor.
"See"ya later.

Botts said...

bob,

How's it hangin? Man, at least you have standards in place for me.

I've been up just a couple days, they'll come......Maybe

Either way, I'm typing!

TamalaJo said...

Hey brother botts!

Brian and I were discussing what you might look like - he put his pic up and has gotten feedback, good and bad. I posited that you are "boy next door" but he thinks maybe you are too fierce for that his words were to the effect "bald head, scars and bullet wounds - but wouldn't be disappointed if you were more like Ron Howard'ish. He has a lot of respect for your work and thinks it takes a kick ass kinda person to do it. Anyway that was my take. - I don't want him coming down on me for speaking for him.

I still think, you are "guy next door" me being from Delaware, MD is "next door".

Cheers bro!

Brandon said...

Yo Botts - good post. I've a feeling I will still end up not accepting the Christian part of this, but I do like the sentiment, and the approach to loving other human beings. That I can get behind.

Cheers
Brandon

mac said...

Botts,

I'm heading off to bed, but wanted to say 'sup.

Don't have time to dissect this one, maybe tomorrow :-)

Botts said...

TJ,

I'm 6 foot 4 about 280 ibs. Yes I have a little extra at the gut, but I'm not disgusting. I look damn hot, but not as hot as my wife.

I have a bald spot on the right side up front. So I used to just shave it all off and grow a beard or Go-Ti with it.

But I got tired of it. So I grew my hair out, and I made it long on top. I comb over the spot, and no one can tell. Not yet at least. If it gets worse, it's all coming off again.

Boy next door? Hardly.
Bad Boy? Nah
I'm somewhere in the middle.

Botts said...

Brandon,

What's up dude? Good to see you and I did get your email.

December is still a ways away, so it's impossible to plan. But if it's doable, we'll get some dinner and go to a Basketball or Hockey game at MCI Center.

Botts said...

Mac,

Cool dude. Give it a try tomorrow.

Richelle said...

very nice first post botts. i'm glad to see started your own blog. it's really refreshing to read material from a level-headed and open-minded person like yourself.

i look forward to your future discussions and the opportunity to read thoughts from the usual crowd :)

Dee said...

Hey Botts, your post was great to read! Keep it up!

Michael said...

Botts-

I think you Kick Ass....that's really all I have to say. I am not a christian, but I do think that Jesus was a righteous dude, and you definitely fall into that same category. Just wanted you to know that. Peace.

Anonymous said...

I'm more of a reader and rarely post. Your take on Christ's commandments have been my motivation for years.

I can't say I agree with everything you say, but with the cast of characters you attract, you must be doing something right.

Look forward to reading more.

mac said...

Botts,
Loving my neighbor is what gets me in trouble.
OR, rather loving my neighbor's girl is what gets me in trouble.

As to loving god with all my heart...I can't possibly love something that doesn't exist.

I tried...for a long time I kidded myself and said god was there for me- he aint.

just like the song says.....


If the stars fall down on me,
And the sun refused to shine,
Then may the shackles be undone,
May all the old words cease to rhyme,
If the sky turned into stone,
It will matter not at all,
For there is no heaven in the sky,
Hell does not wait for our downfall!

Let the voice of reason chime,
Let the friars vanish for all time,
God's face is hidden, all unseen,
You can't ask him,
What it all means,
He was never on your side,
God was never on your side,
Let right or wrong alone decide,
God was never on your side.

See ten thousand ministries,
See the holy, righteous dogs,
They claim to heal,
But all they do is steal,
Abuse your faith,
Cheat and rob,

If god is wise,
Why is he still,
When these false prophets,
Call him friend,
Why is he silent,
Is he blind?!
Are we abandoned in the end?

Let the sword of reason shine,
Let us be free of prayer and shrine,
God's face is hidden, turned way,
He never has a word to say,
He was never on your side,
God was never on your side,
Let right or wrong alone decide!
God was never on your side!
No,
no,
no!
He was never on your side,
God was never on your side,
Never!
Never!
Never!
Never!
Never on your side!
Never on your side!
God was never on your side,
Never on your side...

Botts said...

Hi Mac,

"I tried...for a long time I kidded myself and said god was there for me- he aint."

Over time, one thing I'll try to convey on here, is that false teachings give us false perception and screwed up knowledge.

It's not about God being here for you.

All God does is give. He gave you life. He gave you ability. He gave you compassion. He gave you his Son.

The only thing here for you, is the Holy Spirit. The only way to receive It, is to acknowledge what God has given you, be thankful for it, and love your neighbors.

It's all about acknowledgment.

I'll be in detail down the road, to at least give you a better understanding.

Right now, you're still going off of what Institutionalized Religion teaches versus what Christianity and Christ teaches.

Big difference.

Richelle said...

botts,

i have some exciting news that i wanted to share with you and i figured it would only be appropriate. danny and i are engaged! kinda crazy to think it all started on dd's hate-spewing blog, huh?

we wanted to share the news with linda and brandon, but i never see them on dinesh's blog anymore. so if you know a way to contact them, that would be awesome. and if you can get ahold of brandon tell him i'd like to know how his own proposal went and that he's still invited to the wedding :)

Saint Brian the Godless said...

Hi Botts! Nice place here...

CONGRATULATIONS, RICHELLE!!!

I like this place. Its about time someone had up a Christ-oriented Christian blog. Sometimes I think modern Christians have forgotten who the religion is named after!

:-)

Saint Brian the Godless said...

TJ, I only said that about Botts' appearance because he once described himself that way to brian small "b" when said brian insulted his wife. He apparently scared the crap out of him because we haven't heard from him since.

I think it's possible that Botts was exaggerating, though, for effect.

I guess Botts will have to resomve the mystery.

Oh, and I've taken down my own pic. Not because observant and obama sucks were having fun with it, telling me that they couldn't tell me from my dog etc. Because it's a distraction. So I'm a symbol now. Very mysterious. :-)

Saint Brian the Godless said...

Hey Botts, have you ever seen the symbol that I'm using now as my pic?

It's the tetragrammaton stacked so as to represent a man in stick-figure. An old kabbalistic symbol. God as man, and vice-versa.