Friday, February 12, 2010

Faith Isn't Easy

It's been a while since I last posted. Many reasons have factored into this. I mean, I do have a lot to say and I know there are some out there interested in learning about my feelings in regards to my faith in Christianity and more importantly God. Work has been busy, travel has been heavy, and also I've been lazy to write something. I hate starting something and not finishing it. Therefore, I am going to make more of an effort to write something more often.

Prove God. The believer has to prove to the non believer. Not the other way around. As a believer, the non believer requires us to prove to them that what we believe is more possible than what they don't believe. This is impossible. This cannot be done, and this is why Christians as an example turn extremely volatile and ignorant in debates and conversations with a non believer.

An individual must prove God to themselves. An individual can get lucky and receive an experience without asking for one such as I. When you get these experiences, you cannot deny what you have experienced. In my case, I know for a fact I was reached by the Supreme Being(God). I was not down in my luck, guilty or in a remorseful state. After this experience, all signs pointed to reading and studying the Bible AND many other inspired works.

Once I got into the Bible, by faith and belief, I became a Christian. I experimented and practiced what is taught. I have a firm 100% belief in what I have chosen to be true. But I could never ever prove this to be the one true way to live to a person who is not a Christian. In my experience, living by example and showing a true interest in understanding my neighbor has been beneficial in peaking their curiosity into who I am and what I believe spiritually. At that point, I'm not discussing why I'm right and why they are wrong. Those points are irrelevant to me. All I can do is simply discuss what I believe, how I perceive what is taught to me and why I feel it's necessary. "Necessary" is the word.

But if it's not brought up, it's not mentioned. Because this isn't a race to convert. That is a dangerous game. There is so many stated Christians who I feel are getting the entire message wrong. They are converting and taking advantage of others and are giving them the wrong teachings. We must first realize what is going on within our own faith and fix it before we can go out and spread the word. And let me tell you, we got thousands of years to fix. It has manifested along with political agendas to the point of serious problems. We must witness to other believers and get them on the right spiritual path before we do anything else.

It's not easy, and it never will be. But we have to spread the good news to those who already think they got good news. A very difficult task. But a task that is worth it. It can be done.

9 comments:

Pliny-the-in-Between said...

A bit off your post but I see Michelle Malkin as a link on your reading list. What are your thougthts with regard to her?

Anonymous said...

So how do you proselytize, since you feel it's important?

Just the behavior?

Botts said...

Pliny,

Malkin is off her rocker. She's part of a political agenda that is very dangerous.

I enjoy reading her and others that agree with her.

Pliny-the-in-Between said...

Thanks Botts - I figured that would be your take. You are a better man than I am - I can't stomach to read her

blackleatherbookshelf said...

Hello starnger. Always a joy to see your thoughtfulness. It's been too long and I am very glad to see you back at the keyboards.

Botts said...

Oneblood,

I don't recruit. I try to live my faith as an example. I do witness to other Christians who I feel are heading towards or are already in christianism.

My witnessing to a non believer would be in the form of me being me. And answering any questions posed to me. That's the best I'm capable of. I learned a while ago, that debating it won't convert anyone.

Botts said...

T-Babe,

What's up my man?

Great to hear from you.

I'm going to Nigeria at the end of the month and to Ghana in the beginning of March.

When I get back, I'll make it to Philly, and we can do the cheesesteak and tasty cake.

I'm looking forward to it.

mac said...

I believe ya Botts :-)

You and I may argue a point here and there (of course, I am ALWAYS right ;-), but I know you walk the walk, as well as talk the talk.

I've got an interesting debate going on with pboy and a couple of christian types on my blog...WOW! Everybody gets kind of worked up over this stuff, me included :-)

I look forward to seeing more from you here, as how that other place we used to meet is gone.

Michael Lockridge said...

Pliny led me here. Or, rather, he came here and I followed.

This looks like a worthwhile place to visit. I shall follow.

Mike